Want to improve your support of carers from a CALD background?
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is offering it’s Beyond Cultural Competency course to professionals in the City of Monash who want to improve their support of carers from refugee and immigrant backgrounds.
The two-day workshop will:
- help identify potential ‘hidden’ carers in your work;
- enhance understanding of CALD carers and the unique barriers they face in accessing support services;
- explore the concept of intersectionality and how we might apply it to our practice;
- identify best practice principles including cultural and linguistic appropriateness, access and equity and collaboration;
- offer professionals the opportunity to reflect on their practice, and develop strategies to improve their work with immigrant and refugee communities.
It is aimed at supporting professionals from:
- General Practices (General practitioners, nurses, admin staff)
- Respite Care Providers
- Community Legal Centre
- Local Council
- Community Health Services
- Schools or playgroups
- Other relevant carer support or community organisation in the City of Monash
Currently two courses have been scheduled:
- 27 October & 3 November (location TBC)
- 9 November & 16 November (location TBC)
To register your interest or for more information please contact our training team on 1800 656 421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.