MCWH receives state government funding to provide free health education workshops to migrant women in over 20 languages across Victoria. If you are interested in hosting free health workshops for migrant women at your service, business, organisation, or social club, visit our Health Education Page or contact us.
To see our Health Education Program in action you can watch this Vietnamese language workshop one of our educators delivered online.
Our Multilingual Health Partnership service also allows organisations, researchers and services to draw on the expertise of our health education team to support their own health projects and programs.
Why you should partner with our Health Education Team
- Many excellent health programs and initiatives miss reaching migrant women without bilingual expertise.
- Our team can facilitate focus groups, provide expert advice and deliver your key health messages.
- We already how to link with communities, we speak many languages and we are fast learners.
- We are trained in health education and facilitation, and operate according to these quality standards.
- We know the challenges migrant women face and how to prioritise their health and safety in workshops.
- We receive regular training provided by key health experts and organisations on all general health topics.
- MCWH has over 40 years' expertise and experience delivering multilingual community education.
- We support and resource the Health Education team, including organising workshops and training, resource preparation, transport and debriefing.
To find out more, contact Joyce Jiang, Health Promotion Manager, or Amira Rahmanovic, Health Education Manager.
Health Education Partnerships
1. Tell us about your project
There are many ways our Health Education Team can support and add value to your project:
- qualitative interviews and focus group discussions for research
- community focus groups for feedback on health resource development
- advice and feedback about migrant community issues, experiences and views
- expert knowledge and feedback on how to develop culturally-specific resources.
- health education delivery to migrant and refugee women on specific health topics
- heath promotion activities and information sharing with migrant communities
We love a challenge. Tell us what you need.
2. Work out your project scope
We provide both one-off services and longer-term partnerships, that can run for the life of a project or longer.
We have formed ongoing partnerships with organisations whose aims and objectives align with those of the MCWH Education Program. We greatly value our partnerships, and want to thank our current partners:
- BreastScreen Victoria
- Diabetes Victoria
- Family Planning Victoria
- Heart Foundation
Vision Initiatives 2020
3. Consider who you want to reach
Karen (S’gaw Karen) ကညီကျိ
Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ پن٘جابی
Vietnamese Tiếng Việt
I don't see my language in this list
If you don't see the language you want in our current list, please contact us.