MCWH receives state government funding to provide free health education workshops to migrant women in over 20 languages across Victoria. If you are interested in hosting free health workshops for migrant women at your service, business, organisation, or social club, visit our Health Education Page or contact us.
To see our Health Education Program in action you can watch this Vietnamese language workshop one of our educators delivered online.
Organisations, researchers and health services can also hire and partner with the Health Education Team to support their own health projects and programs.
Organisations hire our Health Education Team to:
- deliver health messages across Victoria and Australia in languages other than English,
- meaningfully engage migrant women in your health related project or campaign,
- facilitate focus groups and workshops in languages other than English,
- check translations with language speakers who have expertise in the Australian migration context,
- benefit from up-to-date knowledge and understanding of migrant women's health issues,
- feel confident that our team is professionally supported, trained and remunerated,
- benefit from 40 years' expertise and experience delivering multilingual community education,
- build long lasting relationships and better understanding of the issues migrant women face.
To find out more, contact Joyce Jiang, Health Promotion Manager, or Amira Rahmanovic, Health Education Manager.
Health Education Partnerships
1. Tell us about your project
There are many ways our Health Education Team can support and add value to your project:
- qualitative interviews and focus group discussions for research
- community focus groups for feedback on health resource development
- advice and feedback about migrant community issues, experiences and views
- expert knowledge and feedback on how to develop culturally-specific resources.
- health education delivery to migrant and refugee women on specific health topics
- heath promotion activities and information sharing with migrant communities
We love a challenge. Tell us what you need.
2. Work out your project scope
We provide both one-off services and longer-term partnerships, that can run for the life of a project or longer.
We have formed ongoing partnerships with organisations whose aims and objectives align with those of the MCWH Education Program. We greatly value our partnerships, and want to thank our current partners:
- BreastScreen Victoria
- Diabetes Victoria
- Family Planning Victoria
- Heart Foundation
Vision Initiatives 2020
3. Consider who you want to reach
Karen (S’gaw Karen) ကညီကျိ
Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ پن٘جابی
Vietnamese Tiếng Việt
I don't see my language in this list
If you don't see the language you want in our current list, please contact us.