The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is inviting applications from suitably skilled and qualified women who are interested in joining the Board of Management.
We would welcome applications from women with specific expertise in the areas of:
- Strategic business development;
- Key stakeholder relationship development (government);
- People and workplace culture management.
Board members are appointed for a period of up to two years with the opportunity for reappointment after the two year period.
Duties and responsibilities
- Governance of MCWH, including legal and financial accountability, compliance and risk management;
- Definition and achievement of financial targets;
- Formulation, implementation and review of MCWH strategic direction;
- Oversight of the organisation’s achievement of its objectives;
- Oversight of and contribution to Committees as required;
- Active contribution to developing a strong profile and broad support base in the community;
- Willingness and ability to expand the networks of MCWH.
Skills and Attributes required
1. Specific skills in one or more of the following:
- Financial management
- Strategic development
- People and workplace culture management
- Strategic communications
2. Key stakeholder relationship development;
3. Membership of, and/or a strong connection to, immigrant and refugee communities;
4. Demonstrated commitment to social justice, taking a feminist approach to achieving equality for immigrant and refugee women, and respect for women’s diverse voices, identities, cultures, rights and aspirations;
5. Passion for immigrant and refugee women’s health and wellbeing;
6. Capacity and willingness to apply specific skills and expertise to the implementation of Board responsibilities;
7. Capacity to commit to the following:
- Attendance at 6-weekly Board meetings
- Participation in committee meetings and email discussion between Board meetings
- Annual Board development activities
- Annual General Meetings
- Other Board-related activities as required from time to time
For more information, or to express an interested in Board membership, please contact the Executive Director, Adele Murdolo on email: email@example.com or phone: 9418-0923.