Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) has developed an advocacy brief as an outcome of the All Together in Prevention and Response Project.
In 2021-2022, the Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health, Whittlesea Community Connections and InTouch led advocacy work, consulting with the All Together CoP members to discuss systemic issues impacting the multicultural and settlement services sector to support migrant and refugee women experiencing violence.
The All Together Community of Practice brought together twenty multicultural, ethno-specific and faith organisations. The purpose of the CoP was to:
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination between specialist family violence services and multicultural, ethno-specific and faith organisations funded under the COVID-19 Multicultural Communities Family Violence program
- Share learnings, strategies and resources relating to our early intervention work e.g. how we support people at risk of experiencing or using violence
- Discuss challenges in our family violence work
- Strengthen individual and collective practice
- Create a space for reflective practice
- Build the evidence base on migrant and refugee experiences of accessing the family violence service system