Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health provides national leadership and excellence in multilingual health education and information, policy development, advocacy, training and research with specific expertise in sexual and reproductive health, mental wellbeing, occupational health and safety and the prevention of violence against women. MCWH also works with various stakeholders to provide gender equity and violence prevention capacity-building activities and training, with a focus on intersectional feminist approaches.
This role will focus on building the capacity of multicultural and faith communities to undertake prevention and/or early intervention activities, through an effective co-designed and delivered program.
- To partner successfully with Safe & Equal to co-design and deliver the Multicultural Prevention Program
- To support Safe & Equal in developing project plans, needs analysis, monitoring & evaluation frameworks, and other documents relevant to the implementation of the program
- To strengthen the capacity of organisations, awarded grants through the Multicultural Prevention program, in implementing primary prevention and / or early intervention activities with multicultural and faith communities
- To deliver Community of practices and other capacity building activities identified in the initial needs assessment
- To build new knowledge and evidence of effective primary prevention and early intervention activities using an intersectional feminist approach
- To support the prevention workforce and sector development
- To foster networking and collaboration among organisations funded through the Multicultural Prevention Program and connect with the broader prevention sector
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in community development, gender, welfare or social work
- At least 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, coordinating and evaluating projects involving several stakeholders
- At least 3 years of experience in developing, tailoring and delivering capacity building activities and trainings
- Demonstrated experience communicating and liaising with a wide range of organisations and individuals of varying backgrounds
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills; as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as co-operatively
- Highly developed understanding of gender equality and the prevention of violence against women from an intersectional feminist perspective
- Demonstrated general and report skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Fluency in a relevant community language
- Experience working in a multicultural and / or faith setting
- Experience in delivering online training programs
- Some evening or weekend work may be required from time to time
- The candidate must be able to work from home and a hybrid working from home/office arrangement may become possible/necessary
Period of Appointment
This is an 18 months fixed term part-time (0.80FTE) contract scheduled to start Mid of April 2022.
To read the Full Position Description and apply for this job through Ethical Jobs at: https://www.ethicaljobs.com.au/members/mcwh/prevention-of-violence-against-women-project-officer.
Direct any queries about this position to Aurore Delcourt, PVAW Program Manager: email@example.com using the subject line: Prevention of Violence Against Women Project Officer enquiry.