Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for immigrant and refugee women.
ABOUT THE ROLE
MCWH is hiring a confident Project Officer to take the lead on a dynamic capacity building project to increase the prevention of violence against migrant and refugee women in workplace settings.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- People-oriented and a skilled communicator
- Confident working with a range of stakeholders, including those in leadership roles
THE ROLE IS:
- 0.8 FTE (4 days a week)
- 8-month position
- Ideally suited to migrant and refugee women
- Based in Collingwood but involves some travel and willingness to be flexible with hours.
- Promote and publicise evidence-based PVAW resources and information;
- Develop and implement communications strategies;
- Deliver presentations and training to increase the prevention of violence against women in a workplace setting;
- Establish and coordinate a Project Advisory Committee;
- Form relationships, and collaborate with project partners to meet project deliverables;
- Ensure open and regular ongoing communication with key project stakeholders;
- Develop and implement evaluation and data collection plans to build the evidence base;
- Comply with reporting for funding bodies;
- Present project findings at conferences, forums and seminars.
Download the Position Description to find out how to apply.
Please note, MCWH is currently recruiting for 2 different PVAW Project Officer roles. Please ensure email subject line corresponds with the position you are applying for, as outlined in each Position Description.