Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for immigrant and refugee women.
ABOUT THE ROLE
MCWH is hiring a self-motivated Project Officer to lead on a large-scale prevention project, working collaboratively with partner organisations across Victoria to prevent violence against migrant and refugee women before it starts.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS
- Self-motivated and people-oriented
- Highly organised, determined, and can coordinate multiple stakeholders and activities at once
- An avid record keeper and (as a bonus) is enthusiastic about online databases
THE ROLE IS:
- 0.8 FTE (4 days a week)
- 16-month position
- Ideally suited to migrant and refugee women
- Based in Collingwood, but involves some travel and some willingness to be flexible with hours.
- Promote and publicise projects and events;
- Form relationships with and collaborate with project partners to meet project deliverables;
- Develop and implement communications strategies;
- Ensure open and regular ongoing communication with key project stakeholders;
- Coordinate training and education sessions;
- Implement evaluation and data collection plans;
- Comply with reporting for funding bodies;
- Facilitate Project Advisory Committee meetings;
- Find and disseminate relevant PVAW resources and information;
- Present project findings at conferences, forums and seminars.
Download the Position Description to find out how to apply.
Please note, MCWH is currently recruiting for 2 different PVAW Project Officer roles. Please ensure email subject line corresponds with the position you are applying for, as outlined in each Position Description.