We are seeking an experienced Project Officer to work for six months in the Health Promotion Team on the Multicultural Communications Outreach Project.
In line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds.
This role will work collaboratively with MCWH project and program staff, and bilingual health educators, to ensure the successful and timely completion of MCWH’s Multicultural Communications Outreach (MCO) Project.
The MCO is funded by the Victorian Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
The role will be responsible for developing and promoting community-led content that encourages COVID-Safe behaviours and participation in the COVID vaccination program.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project implementation role;
• High-level of computer and digital literacy skills, including demonstrated experience using social media platforms;
• Excellent project/program planning, implementation and coordination skills;
• Excellent analytical and writing skills, including for a broad audience range;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
• Demonstrated experience working with migrant and refugee communities in health promotion; and
• Commitment to, and understanding of, migrant and refugee women’s issues from an intersectional feminist perspective.
Salary & conditions
- Part time position: 0.8 FTE (30.4 hours per week)
- SCHCADS Award Level 6.1
- Other benefits;
- Salary packaging-tax benefit of up to $30,000 (grossed-up);
- Meal entertainment program;
- Above-award leave entitlements as outlined in MCWH EBA.
Period of appointment
This is a 6 month position (project end date April 2022)
How to apply for this job
Download and read the full Multicultural Communications Outreach’ Senior Project Officer job description
Applications should address the selection criteria and include an up-to-date CV. Please mark your application as ‘Private and Confidential” and address them via email to:
Dr Joyce Jiang
Health Promotion Manager
Applications close at 6pm on 15 November 2021.