Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for immigrant and refugee women.
About the Role
MCWH is hiring a confident Project Officer to take the lead on large-scale and multifaceted project, working with key organisations across Victoria to prevent violence against women before it starts.
We are looking for someone who is
- self-motivated and people-oriented
- highly organised and can coordinate multiple activities at once
- able to identify and share relevant, current examples of violence prevention in practice
The role is:
- 0.8 FTE (4 days a week)
- one year position
- ideally suited to a migrant and refugee women
- based in Collingwood, but involves travel and some willingness to be flexible with hours.
- Ensure open and regular ongoing communication with key project stakeholders;
- Collaborate with project partners to meet project deliverables;
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops and meetings;
- Find and disseminate relevant PVAW resources and information;
- Develop and implement communications strategies;
- Participate in Project Advisory Committees as required;
- Develop and implement evaluation and data collection plans;
- Comply with reporting for funding bodies;
- Promote and publicise projects and events as relevant;
- Present project findings at conferences, forums and seminars
How to apply for this job
Read the Position Description here.
Applications should address the selection criteria found in the attached Position Description and include an up-to-date CV.
Please mark your application as ‘Private and Confidential” and address them via email to:
Research and Advocacy Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Application for Project Officer: Prevention of Violence against Women (PVAW)
Applications close at 6pm on Thursday 29 August 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact MCWH on (03) 9418 0999