We are seeking an experienced Project Officer to work for eight months in the Health Promotion Team on the Getting Equal Project.
In line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Health Promotion team to ensure the successful and timely completion of the Getting Equal Project.
The Project is funded by the Federal Department of Social Services.
The Project engages recently-arrived migrant and refugee women in Victoria to reduce the social and economic isolation that they experience and to build their capacity to participate more actively in the workforce and in the community.
- Ensure open and regular ongoing communication with key project stakeholders, including MCWH project staff;
- Collaborate with MCWH Health Educators to meet project deliverables;
- Coordinate health education sessions and follow-up interviews and facilitate debriefing meetings with Health Educators;
- Develop and implement communications strategies;
- Develop and implement evaluation and data collection plans for Health Educators;
- Comply with reporting for funding bodies;
- Promote Health Education series and register participants;
- Write final project evaluation report
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Commitment to, and understanding of, immigrant and refugee women’s issues from an intersectional feminist perspective.
- Excellent project/program planning and implementation skills;
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills;
- High-level research and evaluation skills;
- Understanding of the issue of PVAW and experience working in the field;
- Experience engaging migrant and refugee communities in the promotion of wellbeing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project implementation role;
Salary & conditions
• Part time position: 30.4 hours per fortnight
• SCHCADS Award Level 5.1 pay point depending on experience and qualifications;
• Other benefits;
• Salary packaging- tax benefits available;
• Meal entertainment program;
• Above-award leave entitlements as outlined in MCWH EBA.
Period of appointment
8 months (project end date 30/06/22)
How to apply for this job
Download and read the full ‘Getting Equal’ Health Promotion Project Officer Job Description
Applications should address the selection criteria and include an up-to-date CV. Please mark your application as ‘Private and Confidential” and address them via email to:
Dr Joyce Jiang
Health Promotion Manager
Applications close at 6pm on 15 November 2021.