Get involved with MCWH
Support immigrant and refugee women's health
There are a number of ways that you can support our vision for immigrant and refugee women's health.
Our Statement of Purposes
If you would like to be a member it's important that you understand and support the goals of MCWH. Please read our Statement of Purposes before you sign up below. If you would like to become a member, you can download the membership form and contact us for a chat about the requirements for membership. Please note that membership is currently limited to women only, but we encourage our male supporters to sign up to our monthly newsletter and follow us on social media for news and updates!
- To collect, distribute and exchange information on women’s health and well-being with immigrant and refugee women across Victoria;
- To provide information and knowledge that will restore to immigrant and refugee women control over their own bodies and the power to make informed choices;
- To work toward the expansion of access for immigrant and refugee women to information and services sensitive to their particular needs;
- To encourage and provide community development and community education activities that will assist and promote the general health and well-being of immigrant and refugee women;
- To raise the awareness nationally of governments, health organisations, ethno-specific organisations, the labour movement and the general community about immigrant and refugee women’s health needs and the work of the Centre and to work with these organisations and other organisations to achieve the purposes of the Centre;
- To actively involve immigrant and refugee women in the management and development of the Centre;
- To facilitate and participate in campaigns on issues affecting the health and well-being of immigrant and refugee women;
- To investigate, sponsor and, where necessary, administer research, promotional activities and programs and services to promote the above purposes.
Download the membership form below
Download membership form
Alternatively, sign up to receive our monthly WRAP newsletter
Sign up for MCWH news