An exciting opportunity has opened for a Bilingual Health Educator to join the MCWH Bilingual Health Education team. This role is suitable for a Chinese-speaking woman with flexibility to work casual hours who is passionate about sharing women’s health information and supporting other Chinese-speaking women to learn more about health and support services in Australia.
Applications must address the selection criteria and include an up-to-date CV.
MCWH is ideally looking for a woman with:
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin AND Cantonese preferable)
- Current drivers license
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in community development, health, welfare or social work
- Demonstrated experience communicating and liaising with a wide range of organisations and individuals of varying backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to conduct sessions on a national level, including some interstate and rural travel and overnight stays
- Ability to work independently as well as co-operatively
- Commitment to and understanding of immigrant and refugee women’s health from a feminist perspective
Knowledge of women’s health issues and facilitation skills would also be very desirable.
For more information or to express your interest please contact Amira Rahmanovic, Health Education Manager, by phone on (03) 9418 0918 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 29th November at 5pm.