The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health is looking for a Research and Executive officer to support the work of our Executive Director, based at our Collingwood offices.
Applications must address the selection criteria and include an up-to-date CV. Please note that, in line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. Women from migrant and refugee backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please mark your application ‘Private and Confidential’ and email them to:
Dr. Adele Murdolo
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
Applications close at 5pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018
For more information, please call Adele on (03) 9418 0923.
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for immigrant and refugee women.
To provide administration and research support to the Executive Director.
The Research and Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director.
Relevant federal, state and local government departments; funding bodies; national, state and regional research, service delivery and policy bodies; media; community organisations.
Extent of Authority
Day-to-day implementation of administration and research activity as required by the Executive Director.
- Provide confidential secretarial and office administration services to the Executive Director;
- Produce reports and correspondence in a timely and accurate manner;
- Provide high level administration support to the Board of Management;
- Maintain membership and other key stakeholder databases.
- Conduct research to support the Executive Director in her advocacy activities;
- Conduct research to support communications, policy and advocacy activities as required.
Relationships and Partner Development
Support the Executive Director to develop and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships with MCWH key stakeholders.
Provide an excellent standard of administrative service and research support.
General (Responsibilities carried out by all staff)
- Represent MCWH externally as required;
- Undertake appropriate relationship analysis to inform work priorities;
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation as required;
- Participate in planning, development and evaluation of the organisation;
- Develop a regular work plan and participate in regular performance appraisal and professional development;
- Prepare work reports as required;
- Participate in ongoing roster systems;
- Other duties consistent with the role and as negotiated with the Executive Director.
- Up to 3 years’ experience in an administration and/or research assistant role;
- Demonstrated understanding of administrative functions and office practices;
- Proven skills in using word processing, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Excellent ability to exercise initiative and discretion;
- Highly developed customer service skills;
- Excellent research, investigative and analysis skills.
Fluency in a relevant community language.
- Attendance at evening Board meetings will be required;
- Some weekend and other evening work may be required from time to time;
- Rural or interstate travel may be required from time to time.
Salary & conditions
- Part time position: 22.8 hours;
- SCHCADS Award Level 5, pay point depending on experience and qualifications;
- Other benefits;
- Salary packaging-tax benefit of up to $30,000 (grossed-up);
- Meal entertainment program;
- Above-award leave entitlements as outlined in MCWH EBA.
Period of appointment
Permanent, pending successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
You can access and download this job description as a pdf here: Research and Executive Assistant 2018