The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health is looking for an Operations Manager for our wonderful team of migrant women, based at our Collingwood offices.
Applications must address the selection criteria and include an up-to-date CV. Please note that, in line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to emply women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. Women from migrant and refugee backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please mark your application ‘Private and Confidential’ and email them to:
Dr. Adele Murdolo
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
Applications close at 5pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018
For more information, please call Adele on (03) 9418 0923.
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for immigrant and refugee women.
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to manage and oversee the financial performance and operational function of MCWH in line with MCWH Strategic Plan and Annual Plan.
To provide organizational leadership in financial, risk and operational management.
The Operations Manager is a member of the Senior Team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Day-to-day direct supervision of the Administration and Finance Officer.
Relevant federal, state and local government departments; funding bodies; financial and administrative stakeholders; community organisations.
Extent of Authority
Day-to-day implementation of financial, risk and operational strategies and activities.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning systems and controls;
- Develop and monitor the annual budget and regular cash flow;
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of performance against budget, financial and operational goals;
- Assist in budget development for tenders and submissions;
- Provide regular reports for the Board;
- Provide support to the Finance and Risk Committee of the Board;
- Develop and improve systems to efficiently administer payroll and accounts;
- Oversee processing of accounts using Xero;
- Reconcile monthly activity, generate year-end reports and fulfil tax-related requirements;
- Prepare for annual audit.
- Oversee overall operational functions, including administration, IT, leases, contracts and purchases;
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies, in support of better management reporting, information flow and management and business processes.
Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that the financial and operational management of the organisation is consistent with the MCWH Strategic Plan, Annual Plan and Policies and Procedures;
- Develop and update Risk Management Policies and Procedures;
- Oversee organisational Insurance policies;
- Serve as a primary liaison to legal counsel and the employer representative in addressing legal and human resources issues.
Organisational and Team Leadership
- Lead and manage Operations team members
- Contribute to short and long term organisational planning and strategy as a member of the management team;
- Work collaboratively with other managers contributing to the achievement of team results.
General (Responsibilities carried out by all staff)
Represent MCWH externally as required;
- Participate in planning, development and evaluation of the organisation;
- Develop a regular work plan and participate in regular performance appraisal and professional development;
- Prepare work reports as required;
- Participate in ongoing roster systems;
- Other duties consistent with the role and as negotiated with the Executive Director.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in financial management;
- High level of knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial practices;
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a senior role, including in staff management;
- Experience in the development and implementation of administration, risk management, and information management systems;
- Excellent leadership and staff management skills;
- Excellent computer skills, using Xero and Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent general and report writing skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluency in a relevant community language.
- Some evening or weekend work may be required from time to time.
Salary & conditions
- Part time position: 30 hours per week;
- SCHCADS Award Level 7, pay point depending on experience and qualifications;
- Other benefits;
- Salary packaging-tax benefit of up to $30,000 (grossed-up);
- Meal entertainment program;
- Above-award leave entitlements as outlined in MCWH EBA.
Period of appointment
Permanent, pending successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
You can access and download this job description as a pdf here: Operations Manager 2018